Wednesday 7 November 2012

10 Weeks

Lower back pain seems to be the most annoying little thing this week but after going to my Chinese doctor and getting some awesome cupping therapy the pain completely disappeared. Still a little nauseous but not always. I feel like I've done nothing but sleep these past few days. But still, I feel good and I'm enjoying my little veggie garden and I'm doing lots of art. We've even started building India a cubby house complete with a yellow brick road to her door. Maybe all this extra stuff I've been doing is the reason I feel so tired.

This little baby was very active on Friday, I felt lots of movements all day. Usually I just feel a couple of movements here and there but there was so much going on in there on Friday. Yesterday when I was getting my acupuncture done I felt quite a few somersaults too, apparently babies respond well to acupuncture.

We have our midwife all sorted now. We are having Lisa again, she's coming over from Adelaide to birth with us. I'm really happy to have her again, she was so perfect the first time round that we figured we should see if she could be there again.

I haven't been to a doctor or to the hospital for any check ups and hopefully I won't need to. I'm perfectly healthy with no reason to have any medical intervention. I trust my instincts and I would always seek help if I felt it was necessary but pregnancy is a normal process and I've done it before so I feel I have nothing to worry about. I know that I can call Lisa whenever I need to and if it's necessary she would hook me up with a lovely midwife over here. I plan to get over to Adelaide a few times over the next few months so I can set up some antenatal check ups, but I feel pretty relaxed about everything.

My little baby is about 4cm long now, the size of one of those tasty little plums that we pick from the trees around the neighborhood every December.


No comments:

Post a Comment