Wednesday 28 November 2012

Yoga Fun!

India and I had a bit of fun with yoga today. India's favorite thing by far is to do headstands against the wall but she also enjoys a bit of meditation with me and making up her own poses.


Side stretch- great for keeping those hips supple, releasing lower back tension and stretching through the whole side of the body.  



 Trikonasana- this is also great from stretching through the side of the body and releasing tension in the hips.



Modified Adho Mukha Svanasana - This is great if downward dog makes you feel a bit dizzy, you still get the benefits of releasing tension in your chest and back as well as gently stretching the backs of your legs.


 Mumma and daughter headstands! Not recommended for a beginning yogi if you are pregnant. I make sure to practice near a wall in case my balance is a bit off. India loves doing this, especially on the couch!

 Salamba Sarvangasana- I love shoulder stands, if ever I'm feeling a bit tense or just not myself I find that relaxing into a shoulder stand feels great and when I come out of it and rest in shavasana it's like heaven! This asana requires a lot of flexibility in the neck and shoulders, not for a beginning mumma yogi and if you do practice it please do so under the guidance of a qualified teacher.
Check India out, chilling in her headstand! 

Headstands- Another favorite of mine but not for a pregnant mumma new to yoga and I would recommend teacher guidance and the support of a wall just in case.
My belly almost disappears when I do this!
Look at India showing off with no hands! 

 Ahhh, mumma and daughter meditation- the perfect way to end a bit of yoga fun. Every one can meditate, just start small and build on it. Even just a moment in meditation is beneficial for children (and grownups!) so it's never too early to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment