Wednesday 6 March 2013

27 Weeks

I had my first antenatal appointment last week. I was right about where I thought the placenta was (in the top left part of my uterus) which is why sitting is sometimes uncomfortable because the baby has no choice but to be low in my pelvis. It's looking like I will probably end up getting a local midwife instead of our beautiful midwife from Adelaide, it's all a bit complicated and I don't want things to be up in the air when the due date nears.

I've been enjoying yoga and have lots more energy with this slightly cooler weather.

I just realised that this baby doesn't get hiccups the way India did when she was in my belly. I get most kicks on the right side of my belly like I did with India. I love watching my belly poke out in places as the baby moves around.

The little one weighs about 875g- 1kg now and is around 38 cm from head to toe. Born now this little one would have an 85% chance of surviving but I'd like to keep it in there a little longer. So much brain growth happening at the moment as well as lungs preparing themselves for the outside world.

No comments:

Post a Comment