Wednesday 13 March 2013

28 Weeks

This past week has been a bit of a challenge with the heat wave here in Melbourne. I haven't had a lot of sleep which means I've been getting tired quicker during the day. I've had a couple of leg cramps again on the really hot nights but I'm pretty good at relaxing through it now so they aren't as intense as the first couple I had at the start of the hot weather. The end of the heat wave is in sight though, it is now 10am and 4 degrees cooler then it was at 7am. Looking forward to some gorgeous autumn days.

I did a photo shoot for a friend who's starting her photography business and getting a portfolio together. I had a great afternoon but was exhausted by the end of it. Photos to come soon!

I'm rhesus negative and again have decided against the prenatal anti-d injections. I chose to have one after India was born just to be on the safe side but through research I have come to the conclusion that at this point I don't need unnecessary injections. I would consider having the injection if I had some kind of accident that made the possibility of the baby's blood passing into mine more likely but since I haven't fallen down the stairs or been involved in any other accident I believe it is not necessary at this time. Here's a link to some good info on anti-d and being rhesus negative if you happen to be in the same boat as me http://www.homebirth.net.au/2008/04/anti-d.html

I've noticed the baby hiccuping a couple of times over the past week as well as what feels more like coughing. The baby is about 37-40cm long now and weighs about 1.3kg. The baby feels like it is definitely sticking with the head down position now and I get all the kicks on the right side of my belly just like I did with India in the later stages of pregnancy.



Still enjoying the lightness that yoga brings to my life. I'm paying very close attention to how my body feels in this later stage of pregnancy and modifying my practice where I need to.



No comments:

Post a Comment