Wednesday 3 April 2013

31 Weeks

I'm still feeling fit and well these days but I am noticing that my movements have to be a little more thought out. I can't really just jump in and out of the car or quickly get up from sitting on the floor. My world is slowing down slowly, it's nice to just enjoy being pregnant for these last days.
 I can still take deep breaths (I'm sure I can thank yoga for that) but walking quickly does wear me out a lot faster than it used to. Braxton Hicks contractions are a regular part of my days, my body is definitely readying itself for labour.

I'm quickly running out of clothing. This baby is sitting differently in my belly to the way India did so most of my underwear is too uncomfortable to wear and I'm thinking I need to find some more comfortable tights and skirts to get me through the next two months.

It's nice having India home on school holidays, I've missed hanging out with her all day every day. I'm also enjoying not having to run around all day getting things done and going to and from school. I like lazy mornings and snuggles in bed.

I realised that we have hardly anything organised for when this baby comes, I'm knitting all the time and have a few clothes stashed away but other than that we haven't really prepared much. I really want to have as much organic cotton clothing as possible for this little one and that goes for nappies so I decided to buy some organic bamboo/cotton terry toweling and make my own nappy squares. It won't take long to cut out some fabric squares and overlock the edges and it will save us loads of money. I've also ordered some Baby Beehinds nappy covers as they will last longer and generally be better than using the cheap PVC nappy covers. I've also thought about a special postpartum kit for myself and I'll be making some more reusable cloth pads to add to my collection and I'll get some fabric for belly binding as well as put together some soup mixes that I know I would love to have after the baby is born with instructions for Dave on what else to add so he can make me exactly what I feel like. I feel much more organised already and I'm looking forward to spending the next few weeks looking after myself, buying a few things and making our place feel special in preparation for the homebirth.

Bubs moves around a lot and has lovely little pokey hands and feet, I like giving them a rub when they poke out. All five of our little baby's senses are working now and he/she is approaching birth length. Bubs is drinking and processing up to 1/2 litre of amniotic fluid every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment