Thursday 11 April 2013

32 Weeks

I've had a wonderful week. Dave took some amazing yoga photos of me and we have have India on school holidays, it's been lovely to have her around.

We met our second midwife, it's great having dedicated care from two midwives. Joy has been practicing midwifery for 40 years so it is nice to have her experience and knowledge. I would highly recommend anyone having a baby to hire a private midwife even if you plan a hospital birth because you get to develop a relationship with your carer and they can help you achieve the best outcomes that are consistent with your birth plan while making sure you and the baby are safe and receive the best care possible.

I've been sewing and knitting a lot. I made a lovely organic cotton/bamboo baby towel from some terry toweling I bought online, it's so soft. I also made some nursing pads which I'm sure will come in handy. I've also made some progress on the baby blanket I've been knitting, I still have lots of work to go on it but I love just sitting and knitting while I think about the baby. There are still lots of things to make but it's a start.


Baby is still busy growing, getting chubbier and closer to his/her birth weight. The baby is around 42cm long and 1.7kg. I still feel strong and well and have plenty of room to breathe but I do little else other than thinking about baby and nesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment