Saturday 20 April 2013

Swaddling Wraps

I've been getting busy with my fabric stash today, I made some lovely baby swaddling wraps for our little squishy bub. Swaddling wraps are probably the easiest thing you can make for a baby and you can make them really cheaply or you can buy gorgeous organic fabric. I had some light cotton fabric that I picked up for 20 cents from the op-shop a while ago and I just cut it into an 80cm square and overlocked the edges. If you don't have an overlocker you can just zigzag stitch the edges or even do some lovely hand stitching and embroidery. I also had some amazingly soft and beautiful bamboo stretch fabric that I find difficult to work with on the sewing machine so it's been sitting in my fabric stash for quite some time. the great thing about knit fabric is that you don't even need to finish the edges so you can just cut your square and then you're done!
Colour choices are often limited when you buy swaddling wraps or they have patterns or pictures that I don't really like so making them is a great way to get exactly what you want as well as saving a bit of money.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great article! I am sure it will be helpful to many newborn photographers and parents. If you ever have any requests for newborn swaddling wraps, let us know!

    ReplyDelete