Wednesday 8 May 2013

36 Weeks

We had our birth plan meeting today with our two midwives Mary and Joy. It's getting more and more exciting the closer it gets to the due date. We have the birth pool now and I'm looking forward to setting it up in the bedroom and making sure everything is all ready for the birth.

Here's Mary checking my blood pressure at the birth plan meeting.



And here she is feeling baby. The baby's back is on my left side and his/her head is down but not fully engaged.



I have noticed a couple of little stretch marks appear is the last week- probably because baby has been going through a major growth spurt. I suppose it's just one of those annoying little things that happen. I didn't get any stretch marks when I was pregnant with India and I guess that just shows that every pregnancy is different.
I have also just started getting a bit of acid reflux, not all the time and not too badly so it's nothing really to complain about.
I have plenty of Braxton Hicks contractions, my body sure knows what it's doing. 
I don't feel short of breath or heavy and cumbersome, and I have no other common pregnancy problems so all in all I think I'm doing pretty well.

Our little baby is only one week off being considered full term so he/she is very nearly ready for the world. His/her lungs are considered mature by 36-37 weeks so over the next month (or less!) he/she will be getting nice and chubby-ready for winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment