Wednesday 22 May 2013

38 Weeks

It feels like it is getting close now. Baby was in a weird position on Saturday which made the left side of my pelvis and lower back sore. I sat with my back in front on the heater for most of the day which made it better. Mary said it feels like the baby is engaged now so that was probably the reason for feeling a bit uncomfortable.

On Monday the baby felt very low and heavy in my pelvis. Dave says my the baby looks much lower in my belly now.

I weighed myself the other day, I've put on 12 kg which is pretty normal. I'm totally against needing to weigh yourself all the time (and even owning a set of scales in the first place) but it was interesting to see just how much heavier I am now- all that extra blood, fluids, placenta and baby sure do weigh a lot!

We finally set up the birth pool on Sunday. India was very insistent on pumping it up all by herself, she said "I just want you to relax and drink your tea". What a sweet little girl she is. India is getting excited and I think she can feel it's getting closer too.

All the baby clothes are washed and ready, the birth pool is set up, and I've done so much knitting. I think this means that we are ready now. I'm enjoying these last few days and weeks, my yoga practice is slow and mindful, I am making sure I get plenty of rest, and I'm looking forward to being a new mum all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment