Friday 10 May 2013

Cloth Pads

Finally I have finished making some reusable pads and nursing pads. Both are much nicer than using plastic single use ones- for comfort and for environmental reasons- so I wanted to make sure I had a decent supply.

I made them from some lovely fabric scraps and fat quarters (dark colours and patterns work well), bamboo terry towelling and a layer of PUL so they are waterproof. The pads have press studs which I find holds them in place really well.

There are plenty of free cloth pad patterns on the internet or you can just make it up as you go. I also like that you can adjust how thick you want the pad to be for different levels of flow. I made some thin panty liner pads a few years ago and they have served me well but I thought that I would probably need something a little thicker after the baby is born.

I made 12, I'm not sure how many I will need but I will wash them as I use them so it should get me through.




The tension on my overlocker can be really difficult so the nursing pads are a bit rough but they will do the job. I made 5 sets and I have a couple that I held onto from when I was breastfeeding India so I think I've got enough to prevent my boobs from leaking all over the place!





No comments:

Post a Comment