Monday 22 July 2013

365 Handstands

I've had this challenge on my mind since the last few weeks of my pregnancy and I've been keen to take it on but knew it would be best to wait until after the birth and after those first few weeks when my body was going through huge changes and slowly returning to it's pre-pregnancy state.

It's interesting to explore finding balance again after pregnancy and compare it to inversions with a 39 week baby belly. I feel my balance already improving even in the few days since I started.

So here begins my handstand-a-day challenge, I'm looking forward to exploring the changes it brings to my yoga practice and the balance it brings to my life in the next 12 months.

This week I wanted to focus on building some strength as well as finding balance so I found that making use of the wall was great for extending my up-side-down time.


Day 1- celebrating six weeks postnatal



Day 2- a quick bit of yoga while Mio sleeps



Day 3- bed time handstand



Day 4- building strength using the wall



Day 5- already finding a new level of balance



Day 6- a sunny winter outing with my girls




Day 7- I'm finding a lot more strength and balance in my tuck handstand (something I couldn't practice with a pregnant belly!)



No comments:

Post a Comment