Wednesday 4 September 2013

Returning to the Soil

Spring has arrived, and with it the sunshine and warm days. Our courtyard is cold and damp all through winter with no direct sunlight meaning it's not my favorite place to be. With the longer and warmer days now the sun is reaching over the high north facing wall bringing light and warmth.

Since Mio's birth we have had the placenta safely stored away in the freezer waiting for the right time to return it to the soil. As Winter at our house is so cold and damp I decided to wait for Spring and the new beginnings it brings. I was home alone with Mio on the day she turned 3 months and decided it was time to bury her placenta. Digging the hole gave me time to reflect on the experience of bringing Mio into the world once again and to give thanks to my body and the earth for the amazing experience.


Digging the hole.




Filling the hole and thanking the earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment