Tuesday 8 October 2013

Breakfast Smoothies

I like to eat with the seasons and now that Spring has really kicked in I'm enjoying breakfast smoothies every morning. Smoothies are quick and tasty and you can put them in a jar to drink on the train to work (or in my case- school drop off). I like to alternate between a green smoothie and a red smoothie to keep it exciting.

I make my smoothies in a pint glass with a stick blender. Today I threw together some banana, watermelon and blueberries as the fruit base.



I then added acai, chia seeds and a touch of raw honey and then topped with water and blended it all up.




Drink it straight away or put it in a jar to take with you. I prefer to drink it straight away but if I'm in a rush it's good to take it with me so that I don't rush it down before I rush out the door.



My smoothies are different everyday but some of the key ingredients I use are banana, spirulina, chlorella, acai berry, and chia seeds. I also love blood oranges when I can get them and fresh or frozen berries.


No comments:

Post a Comment