Monday 21 March 2016

Gluten Free Vegan Buckwheat Bread


In my 6 or so years of living with Coeliacs I've had countless baking failures in the pursuit of creating baked goods that are easy to make, don't crumble to bits, are free of thickeners and gums, don't contain eggs, and don't have a list of ingredients that's longer than my weekly shopping list. I know, that's a long list of ideals and gluten free baking is not usually the easiest of cooking endeavors but I've finally created a bread that I can make a sandwich with, tastes delicious, fulfills all my ideals, and has the added bonus of being really quick to put together.



3 cups Buckwheat flour
3 cups Tapioca starch 
1 Tbsp Psyllium husks
2 tsp Yeast
2 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Salt

3 cups Water (warm)
1/3 cup Olive oil

Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl then add water and oil and stir to combine into a thick batter. Pour mix into an oiled and floured bread tin and leave to rise in a warm place for 20-30 minutes before placing in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 50 minutes (will probably only take 30-40 minutes in a fan forced oven). Once cooked leave to cool for a couple of minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Leave to cool or slice while still warm.


My little munchkin blowing the bread to cool it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment