Wednesday 24 October 2012

8 Weeks

The weeks are flying by. I'm listening to my body, getting plenty of rest and eating lots of great food. I can't get enough fruit at the moment. Oranges are divine. I was eating more dairy than normal and craving ice cream for a few days, I think it was the warm weather and the need for extra protein. I'm all for cooking from scratch- soaking beans and then cooking them and using them right away; but my need to eat all the time and my slight fussiness at times has made it difficult to think ahead that far. I asked Dave to get me some canned beans so I would have instant food and a preferable source of protein when I need it. I've hardly had any dairy since digging into those cans so I'm feeling much better about what I'm eating.

I'm thirsty all the time and drink constantly through the night which means that I'm also waking up to go to the toilet 5 times a night. I have also been waking up at 3am every night and not being able to get back to sleep. At least when the baby is born I will be used to waking up all night. I remember it being like this when I was pregnant with India.

I've been a bit stressed. Work related. Yesterday my Chinese doctor said she could feel the stress in my pulse. I've been trying not to worry myself and focus on all the beautiful things happening inside me. I'm looking forward to finishing work in a few weeks and being able to spend more time with my family and growing belly.

I got some acupuncture done yesterday to soothe my stress and the little bit of morning sickness I have. I'm so glad that I haven't been as sick this time round, I think it has a lot to do with how I'm managing it. The acupuncture helps and it also helps that usually i can rest when I need to and I'm making sure I eat regular meals and snack throughout the day (and night).

Half my wardrobe is too small and I'm in desperate need of a new bra.

My beautiful baby is growing fast, my little jelly bean. It sure has plenty of room in there at the moment, my belly is so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment