Friday 31 January 2014

Stretch Marks

Today in the bathroom my daughter was looking at my stomach and told me that my stretch marks were really pretty. She has also told me that she likes my misshapen belly button and that it's really cute. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy at the affection she has for my body. I hold my belly lovingly when I think about the wonderful things that my body can do. I love the way that the stretch marks hug my belly as though they are holding something special, they are proof that I grew an entire person inside me. There is nothing less beautiful about women who hold scars across their bellies, my body is real. How can any woman allow her body to be photographed and Photoshoped in a way that changes what she really looks like and who she really is. That woman doesn't exist. Embrace all that you are and love the body you are in.


No comments:

Post a Comment